Last Sunday I announced that I was releasing a series of articles on the properties and uses of foods or natural products. Last week I told you about the uses of coconut oil and today I’m talking about those of honey.
The properties of honey
- Honey has a hydrating power and is rich in fructose.
- It nourishes in depth and allows to give suppleness and elasticity to the skin. It prevents skin aging. Honey is very effective and useful for dry skin.
- It is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, H and K , but also rich in minerals, trace elements, fatty acids, iron, phosphorus, zinc and copper . All of this enables cell renewal for glowing skin.
- By its different properties, honey is healing , wounds will heal faster.
- It is also soothing .
- It has protective properties . The antioxidants present in food help prevent the onset of certain cardiovascular diseases and certain cancers.
- It is also an antibiotic.
- It is an anti-inflammatory .
- Honey has many properties. It is also purifying . It has antiseptic properties , it cleanses the pores and regulates sebum.
- It also fights insomnia.
8 uses of honey
1. TREAT THE THROAT
Honey is an antibiotic and soothes throat irritation and coughing . It has two proteins: inhibin and defensin . Inhibin helps slow the proliferation and production of bacteria. Defensin helps improve immune defenses. Take a spoon of honey, mixed with a cup of warm milk and your throat will be relieved!
2. TO SLEEP BETTER
In the properties of honey, I told you that it fights insomnia . It contributes to the release of insulin which will stimulate serotonin which is the hormone of relaxation . In the evening, take a herbal tea with a teaspoon of honey in it.
3. TREAT WOUNDS
As said above, honey has a healing power through its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties . You just need to apply it on the area to be healed, leave to dry and continue to apply it until complete healing.
4. MOISTURIZES THE FACE
Honey has great hydrating power . Since it is hydrophilic, it maintains the hydration rate of the skin which prevents dryness. It also helps to fight against wrinkles and signs of aging . You can directly apply it on your face and leave on for around twenty minutes. Otherwise, you can also combine it with a piece of banana and a little yogurt.
In addition to moisturizing the face, honey is an anti-inflammatory that can be used to relieve eczema, psoriasis and rosacea . It also has a soothing power against skin irritations.
5. MOISTURIZES HAIR
Make a honey mask with a little lemon for your hair. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse. Your hair will regain shine and softness . Honey is also very effective in fighting dandruff .
6. NATURAL SWEETENER
Honey has a sweetening power which is very useful in cooking because it is low in calories. It can be very useful for your yogurts, hot drinks etc.
7. RELIEVES INTESTINAL PROBLEMS
Honey has laxative properties . It will therefore facilitate transit and by its antibacterial properties it will also fight against parasites. Take in the morning at breakfast, a spoon of honey with a glass of hot water or hot milk.
8. RELIEF THE FELT OF WOOD
Due to its fructose content , honey is very effective in combating hangovers. Fructose accelerates the oxidation of alcohol in the liver. The body will therefore more easily eliminate the alcohol in your body.