Strawberry Pie, A delicious fruity recipe, easy to make at home.
- 500 g strawberry
- coulis strawberry
For the shortbread:
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter
- 70 g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 cl water
- 1 pinch of salt
For the pastry cream:
- 1/4 of the milk
- 1 egg
- 30 g flour
- 40 g sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
Prepare the dough:
- Blanch the egg yolks and the sugar with the whisk and add a little water.
- Mix on the finger, flour and butter cut in small pieces to obtain a sandy consistency and all the butter is absorbed (It must be done quickly so that the mixture does not soften too much).
- Pour in the middle of this “sand”, the liquid mixture.
- Stir in the elements quickly without giving them a body.
- Form a ball with the palms and mill 1 or 2 times to make the ball more homogeneous.
- Drizzle a 25 cm diameter mold with the dough, garnish with parchment paper and dry beans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Keep warm.
Prepare the pastry cream:
- Put the milk to boil with the chosen perfume (vanilla or other).
- Mix the egg with the sugar until the dough makes the ribbon, add the flour.
- Pour the boiling milk on the mixture while turning well.
- Put back in the pan on the fire. Cook while turning very carefully.
- Remove after boiling.
- Pour the cream on the bottom of the pie, arrange the strawberries nicely and finish by pouring the strawberry coulis