If you’re reading this not just out of interest, but also to see if any of the following signs line up with the ones you’re experiencing with your own partner, there’s a high chance you’re already in trouble.
But don’t worry – you’re not alone.
It seems to many that you can be so blinded by love that you don’t realize how toxic your relationship is until it’s over.
You ignore his behavior because you don’t want to face the fact that your partner really is an idiot.
Sometimes boyfriends can just completely manipulate you into getting women to stay with them.
But you don’t have to.
You don’t have to be with someone who doesn’t make you happy – and you certainly don’t owe your love to someone who makes you unhappy.
In a Reddit thread, they asked, ‘What are some signs that your partner is manipulative, insecure, or just not a good person for you?’
On this topic, people are opening up about their own experiences of toxic relationships.
And we’ve compiled a list of the most helpful comments for all the women who might be turning to this article for fear of being with someone who just isn’t good for them.
1. Isolates you from your friends and family.
2. When any situation becomes about them and their feelings.
3. When they distort any scenario to another in which they are victims.
4. When you can’t be upset with him without him turning on you instead of acknowledging the reason for his anger.
5. When they try to control how you spend your time and tell you who you can and cannot date.
6. When anything happens, it’s your fault and you’re always wrong.
7. If you are afraid to say something for fear of being yelled at or receiving negative comments.
8. Give gifts and add up the favors they’ve done for you and use them as weapons in arguments.
9. If he’s constantly worried about you cheating on him, it’s quite possible that he’s the cheater.
10. Will look down on you in front of others and, if extremely skilled, will be able to convince others to do the same.
11. He doesn’t make time for you except when it’s convenient for him.
12. Does not value your wants and needs: If you go to the gym every day because it makes you feel good, and every day your partner questions you and argues with you until you feel guilty about a harmless activity.
13. Takes control of the money, basically, everything is under his financial control.
This is a big problem because you can’t leave someone if they have control of the money.
This makes the match very difficult, especially if you are already isolated.
14. Doesn’t trust you to have friends of the opposite gender.
15. Spend beyond your means.
People who go into credit card debt, and cannot control their compulsive impulses to buy things they don’t need in impulse purchases and are not good partners for building long-term financial stability.
16. There is no voice in the housework, he will always have excuses and you will be responsible for keeping the house clean to his standard.
17. He violates your privacy, but acts like it’s unnecessary and irrational when you ask him what he did.
18. Doesn’t like or doesn’t allow you to show true emotions, in fact, makes you feel guilty about what you feel.
19. Total disregard for your personal property, but you cannot touch their belongings.
20. All your friends say he’s another bad choice in an ongoing pattern you have, but you’re either trying to convince them why this person is different or they just don’t understand because they don’t know him as you do.
21. Extremely critical of your hobbies, interests, and personal appearance.
22. He tries to make you dependent on him.