The tendency to get angry easily is susceptibility. In couples, it happens that a partner is too touchy, gets angry quickly, gets angry about trivial things sometimes.
It is difficult to live with an overly sensitive spouse. You cannot communicate effectively with such a person. Which naturally tends to weaken the relationship.
- The causes of susceptibility
Several factors can explain the susceptibility of a spouse.
- It can be related to the very nature of the individual. Certain personality types tend to be very sensitive and emotional. The spouse then develops a kind of sensitivity that pushes them to anger when things do not go as they should. This type of susceptibility is noticed in the individual even before marriage.
- It can be linked to specific circumstances: stress at work, occasional, family or social concerns, financial worries, etc. This type of susceptibility will go away as soon as the problem is resolved.
- Finally, susceptibility can be linked to the couple’s own experience. This is the case if the susceptibility appears suddenly and then lasts over time. This type of susceptibility is linked to anger that has been swallowed up, an important problem that has not been treated, something unspoken … In the long term, this susceptibility is very dangerous for the stability of the couple.
- How then is susceptibility treated?
- If your spouse’s susceptibility is related to their personality, you need to be understanding and adaptive. Learn to understand the circumstances in which temper tantrums arise and see how you can come up with a solution that is beneficial for yourself and your spouse.
- If the other’s susceptibility is related to a specific problem, a difficult time, be supportive of the other. You can then reach out to him to help him solve his one-off problems, knowing that after that, calm will return to the house.
- Finally, in the latter case, you can encourage your partner to open up to you, to express himself, to pose the problem, and to let go of his doubts, fears, and worries. Only then can the relationship survive for the long haul.