Here are some telltale signs that your boyfriend is planning to ask you to marry him.
Does He Want To Marry Me?
Does he have marriage in mind?
Does it feel like the pieces of the puzzle in your life line up with this image?
Marriage is a big step, but when you find your soul mate, you can make your vows just around the corner.
There’s a lot to be said about marriage.
It is as old as humanity itself.
We could see trends across the world where families marry their children early, often with women seen as property – luckily, we don’t live in the past.
The marriage evolved.
It’s in a more romantic place now, and divorce rates are dropping.
According to an analysis by University of Maryland sociology professor Philip Cohen, the divorce rate in the United States dropped 18 percent from 2008 to 2016.
People are taking their time before getting married and there are many resources available today that will make it easier than in your parents’ time.
Of course, romance plays a huge role in marriage in the modern age, and people often use marriage to be with someone they love.
Typically, people get married for romantic reasons, not just economic ones – although, of course, people consider their wallets before exchanging rings.
So how can you know if you and your girlfriend are heading towards marriage or if things are going to go away?
Here’s a quick list you can read while hiding in the workplace bathroom or while waiting for your next date.
How Long Does It Take For A Man To Know He Wants To Marry You?
There is no easy answer to this question, as every man takes a different time to decide if marriage is something he wants.
There are a few key factors to consider, including the length of your relationship and how he responds to the idea of commitment.
If you’ve only been dating a few months, it’s probably too early for him to decide to marry you is something he’d like.
On the other hand, if the two of you have been dating for years and he still hasn’t made up his mind, that’s a concern.
Talking to him about taking your relationship to the next level is a good place to start, and if you feel comfortable enough, asking him about marriage is a good way to gauge his level of interest.
Signs He Wants To Marry You
- The flow of your relationship.
It will be as if all the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place, and perhaps much more easily than you have ever felt in the past.
- You made a point of sharing the most important people in your life.
You are meeting relatives, close friends and even going on faraway trips to meet certain people who are important.
If you haven’t met the important people in this person’s life, you’re probably not close to marriage.
- There are discussions about the future and your expectations.
The future is not a mystery to you.
Both see the other person as someone who will be there with you 5, 10, or 99 years later.
- Things are settled.
Both grew up, progressed in their careers, have independence.
You have the resources to get married, instead of looking like a distant fairy tale.
- He’s trying to figure out the size of your ring finger.
Maybe he’ll joke about proposing soon.
He may be evaluating your reaction to these jokes to see if he should proceed.
- He talks about how he sees marriage and includes you in his vision.
- You ask him directly, and he tells you what he’s thinking and as if things really were.
This can be dangerous and backfire, as some men might get scared when you ask them this question.
- You’ve discussed where the two of you are going to live, you’ve discussed moving in together, you’ve discussed what kind of marriage you want.
- He treats you with absolute love, respect, care, and as if you were a part of him.
Being away from you is torture.
- It says you are constantly in your brain.
- He thinks of you when he goes to work, goes to the laundry, goes to bed, and when he takes the dog for a walk.
- You two are in sync.
You talk every day, your love is strong, and the two of you have a positive and impressive shared history.
- Contact with exes has dropped to an all-time low.
- He is not keeping up with his past and is more focused on the future.
- You discuss finances openly.
Signs He Thinks You’re The One
- He asked his father’s permission to ask for his hand in marriage if he goes the old-fashioned way.
- You’re talking about buying a house together.
- You are discussing how many children you want or whether you prefer not to have children.
- His family is your family.
- Your family is his family.
- He starts trying to impress you again.
He starts to wear prettier clothes; he puts on more compliments, he has that puppy love look in his eyes.
Plus, he starts taking you on more romantic dates, makes a point of cleaning up their shared spaces, and often cracks a smile because of the little things you do.
- He brings up the idea of possible marriage and does so without being asked.
- He’s mature.
He has a job, a healthy income stream, and makes responsible, lucid decisions.
- He keeps you informed and definitely doesn’t leave you in the dark.
Do you know where he is; you two know each other.
- He doesn’t make fun of you for the little things, but he supports you.
He calls you hot when no one else would.
- He buys you gifts for no reason.
- He wants you to try new hobbies with him.
- He talks about having kids and starting a family with you.
- He is committed to you and you alone.
- He doesn’t flirt with other women or his co-workers.
Will He Propose?
- He has all sorts of ideas for where the two of you will go, traveling all over the world, starting a series of creative projects, and maybe having a home with a little dog with a cute pink bowtie collar.
- Man has a vision, essentially.
- He is open with his love.
- He doesn’t try to hide you.
- Love is like an open book between the two of you.
- Your arguments are smooth as butter.
- To the point where you don’t even realize it happened.
- He’s excited about the idea of waking up and you being by his side forever.
- He starts saving money intensively for a few months and is planning some sort of romantic vacation getaway.
- It gives you an excuse to look at engagement rings with you.
- He takes you to his hometown and shows you the highlights of where he grew up.
- He does things to you that he otherwise wouldn’t be doing, like shopping, having a party, or going to a girl’s meeting that makes him uncomfortable.
- It saves the most random things from you.
- Maybe he’ll write quotes from you.
- Maybe he has a list of the creative ideas you have together for the future.
What Stops You From Proposing?
There are some potential factors that could be preventing your man from proposing to you.
Just because he hasn’t proposed yet doesn’t mean he isn’t thinking about or planning to do so later.
Here are some potential obstacles that are holding you back from proposing.
- Engaged: If he’s the type of person who wants to throw a big wedding, he may not have the financial means to do so and that might lead him to put off asking.
- Men also tend to want to get married when they feel financially secure and if your man is still working on that aspect.
- Fear of Rejection: Even if the two of you have been dating for a while, he may still fear that you will reject his proposal
- He is waiting for the right moment: if he has a great idea for a proposal, it will take some time to plan.
He might think that if he doesn’t completely get the proposal right and turns it into a grand romantic gesture, you’ll say no.
Signs He Doesn’t Want To Marry You
Here are some telltale signs that he is not interested in marrying you.
While it is still possible that he is interested in marriage and still exhibits some of these behaviors, these are some red flags.
- He makes excuses for not being able to marry you now.
- He is afraid of commitment.
- He talks about how he never wants to get married.
- He changes the subject every time you talk about marriage.